Getting Lear: How To Show And Not Tell

"All documentaries must invoke, as best they can, the spirit rather than the letter of the truth - and they are exciting because of this. A documentary's authenticity ultimately lies in its organizing vision rather than any mechanical fidelity to life." - Michael Rabiger



Thursday, April 30, 2009

Finding Lear P.1

Is it me, or is it the project that drags on?

Am I refusing to "let go" because I can't accept the project for what it is?

Whatever the case, I'm ready to call it: call it a learning experience.

Rollins still owes me $700.00.

I wish they would have backed me more, or fired me sooner.

And as part of my purging process I will be uploading the entire project on this blog - in five minute chunks.

That way I can discuss each scene with you and (perhaps) tell you a little about how the second film is soooo different.

Yes, I've decided to deconstruct my doc and reassemble it as something brand new.

No comments: