Getting Lear: How To Show And Not Tell

"All documentaries must invoke, as best they can, the spirit rather than the letter of the truth - and they are exciting because of this. A documentary's authenticity ultimately lies in its organizing vision rather than any mechanical fidelity to life." - Michael Rabiger



Monday, November 17, 2008

Sometimes the hardest part is just turning the computer on.


I’ve been bad, unforgivably bad, and a sinner of the worst lot – a procrastinator.

It was as if the rock I had been rolling up the hill became too much, and I let it roll back.


Now, let me say this, it is alright: everything is alright. I’m OK, and you’re OK. We made it through the fog, and shall live another day to conquer higher mountains and bigger monsters. Taking time off to hate my film, and despise it like it was the root of all evil has given me a path to the finish line.


I can see clearly now.

I know what to do.







1 comment:

ucfmills said...

Two quotes to keep in mind:
"My inspiration for work comes from work."
--Thomas Edison
"Perfect is the enemy of good."
--Ansel Adams

I think good things will come to you because you are an intelligent and compassionate human being.