Getting Lear: How To Show And Not Tell

"All documentaries must invoke, as best they can, the spirit rather than the letter of the truth - and they are exciting because of this. A documentary's authenticity ultimately lies in its organizing vision rather than any mechanical fidelity to life." - Michael Rabiger



Tuesday, March 16, 2010


Chiefland took 2nd place at the Film Slam (at the Enzian) this past Sunday.

I'm always fine with not winning. Sometimes I prefer not winning. What drives me nuts is almost winning - it causes me to ask the question "was it them or me?"

Aside from that neurotic nonsense, the Film Slam was a very positive experience. I think we were one of the few films in the correct aspect ratio, and our film looked pretty good on the big screen.

The real test will be Indie Grits.

c.

No comments: